Friday, May 15, 2009

I was looking through some old files I had from my MBA days (4 years ago) when I was working full time, commuting about 1.5 hours each way, and going to school 4 nights a week. No online 1 class at a time for me.... I went physically to school, a top 20 business school (UW) and went 4 nights a week some semesters.

None the less, back then for one class we filled in a form. I won't repost the whole thing, but in general it was a Life Plan.

Where am I now
Where do I want to be
What do I have going for me that will get me there
What else do I have to do to get there

It was fun to find this form several years later, and basically everything back then summarized where I want to be right now, where I am.

My goals were to leave corporate life, work with smart people, work for myself from home, travel some, use my past freelancing & consulting skills to get me where I wanted to go. My vision wasn't completely clear, as in I thought I'd spend my days only doing project type work (business plans, financials, accounting software implementations, etc), I more or less had the idea and am so happy to see I've made it all come true.

So I just filled in the same form again, as of now. Looking forward to opening it 3-4 years from now and seeing it has all come true again... not by magic, just hard work and making it happen.

No comments: